"Just Chill" - Lucite Handle Tray Large
Regular price $350.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
This limited release pop-art tray was made using real candy preserved in archival quality resin. Each piece made by artist Elizabeth Ayerle is a limited edition work that comes with a signed and numbered authentication card.
- Limited Release of 3
- Made to Order Ships in 6-8 weeks
- Size: 16" x 12" Tray with lucite handles
- Materials: Epoxy Resin and Candy on a clear acrylic tray (base tray made in china)
- Cleaning: wash by hand with warm soapy water & dry
- Care: Keep away from extreme prolonged heat (above 120F/50C) to prevent warping. Store away from direct sunlight to preserve the life of the candy pigments.
About the Resin:Once cured, it is fully inert and can be safely used as a food contact surface. ArtResin has been vigorously tested by a third party for leaching and migration across worldwide standards and passed every test: when used as directed, cured ArtResin will not leach any substances into food that comes into contact with it.
Candy: In order to provide crisp clarity and increase the longevity of your piece, Liz employs industry best practices including, using the highest quality non-toxic resin, protectively coating organic material as needed and applying resin in many layers to reduce over-heating during the curing process, minimizing bubbles & yellowing. Additionally, she chooses the candy types best suited to preservation in resin. That being said, organic material and specifically food items are perishable and will change as the piece ages over the course of years, this may include fading or browning. Store out of direct sun to help maintain the vibrancy of candy pigments, UV light degrades all pigments over time.